Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Heart Grass Stains!

1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.


This morning as I was doing my kids' laundry, I had an unusual experience. I noticed that both of my daughters had some crazy grass stains on the knees of their pants. Finding them was not so unusual, but my response was. Normally, I'd give a sigh and pull out the stain remover with disdain. But today, I saw them totally differently. I rejoiced at the sight of those stains.

The reason a smile broke out was this: I loved seeing firsthand the evidence of them having a great time. I loved knowing that they had really played hard that day, had let loose with abandon and just enjoyed being kids. What delight it brought to this mom's heart to know that her kids were living all out in that moment.

That's how I want to live. I want to approach this life with all of the gusto I can muster. I want to run hard and dig into the grass in joy and excitement. I want to embrace the joyful moments life brings. My prayer is that I will live this way, as a wife, a mom, a friend. I want my life to reflect the joy and fullness that knowing Christ brings to everything, to celebrate this amazing life He has given us. I long to rejoice in His majesty reflected in this incredible world He created. And I want my life to bear the grass stains of someone who got up, ran hard and dug in with a smile on her face and joy in her heart. Oh, that we would all embrace the life of freedom and joy His precious blood bought us!

Acts 13:52 And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment